Monday, April 23, 2012

the story of betty

When I entered the honda showroom in Jl. Jamin Ginting Medan back in 2008, I didn.t intend to buy her.
I was aiming for a Vario instead. But vario was out of stock at that time, the latest I can get the vario is three months time.

Betty : brand new


Honda Beat is new. It wasn't even on the tv yet. I am clueless about this scooter. Nevertheless, I choose her. The orange Honda Beat. The Betty.

Owning the Betty was uber cool. After a few months, strangers will sang the song 'Beat' popularized by the Indonesian Idol when I scoot through. I am happy. Betty helped me get to my destinations. Campus, society meetings, friends house, malls, etc.. she even made it to Bukit Lawang and Brastagi! :D

Being stopped by the police was scary. It was my fault coz my helmet was missing, and I didn't have the courage to steal my housemates, they were all sleeping at that time, and I thought surely they will want to use it later. So I went gung-ho to a society meeting place, which took place in Polonia, which is near the airport, thus police's fav spot. I paid dearly, and get a crappy helmet in return. But, it's pink.

My firsts with Betty is like the firsts with babies, 1st flat tyre, 1st service, 1st wash-her-yourself....haha

Honda, China, Singapore
When clinical started, I had to problem to go anywhere...until the accident happened. I'm separated by Betty for 2 full months for my recovery, while she and her broken things are left at Medan.

When I recovered, my friend helped me took her to Honda. She was severely injured, and needed a whole new front body. She (and me) waited for another 2 months for the body to be constructed (you see, at that time, orange Beats are no longer produced). I paid another large sum of money, and then I get her back, good as new!

It took some time before I took her to the main road. But as easy as ABC, she and I get along quickly, just like old friends. No more problems and dramas after that.

When it's time for me to leave Medan, I don't know why I'm being selective about who's who's gonna buy her. Many has deal me but I just seem to have trust issues. I'm handing over my baby, for heaven sake!

Betty's new owner!

 Until I met this girl, who like orange very much, and like Betty very much. I sold Betty to her, and made a friend too. I hope Betty continue to serve her just as well as she has to me.

Betty last photo :D
Bye betty! What's next ? :D

No comments: